Monday, October 27, 2008

First IVF appointment

I am not really sure what I was expecting from our appointment today but something that would make it worthwhile to drive 3 hours there stay the night in a hotel, get up and be at the doctor by 8am. Well we get there I give my urine sample talk to the doc. He tells us our option and say whatever we decide to do won't be any charge (since we won a free IVF at a conference). Then he want to do an exam. I go into this room with TV monitors all around get half naked and lay with my feet in the stirrups. My husband was sitting in a corner the whole time laughing at his wife being in such a strange postion. Doc. did the ultrasound saw that I had ovulated and said well looks like we have to wait 2 weeks. I knew I had ovulated and was actually mad at myself for ovulating. I hadn't ovulated in 5 years why would my body choose now to do so.
We went back to Docs office said to call him when I start my next cycle and take birth control pills. We were in and out with in 30 min. I know I shouldn't be disappointed but my Doc shares an embryologist so since we have to wait and won't be able to do IVF at the end of November, we have to wait 3 months before his next round. I guess waiting 4.5 years wasn't a long enough wait.......
I am just frustrated......

1 comment:

Rachie Pachie said...

Awww... sorry to hear that there will be more waiting!

At least it's positive that you DID ovulate & maybe you will have to wait 9mths to get IVF started! ;)